John Gribbin Realty provides landlord services for Townsville, Queensland Australia. We understand the process of renting and leasing residential, commercial, and industrial real estate. Landlords want to maximise their financial gain, while also maintaining the value of their property. They also want the process to be as smooth and efficient as possible.
Our landlord services include real estate, strata, and body corporate management. We are knowledgeable about property in the local area, and highly experienced in partnering with landlords and tenants.
At John Gribbin Realty we pride ourselves on the personal touch. It is our biggest strength. At a time when many other businesses respond to their clients and customers with automation or impersonal systems, we remain committed to the traditional value of individual service.
While many businesses seem to forget they are dealing with real people, we will always treat you as an individual with needs and requirements that are different from everyone else.
John Gribbin Realty will listen to what you say and promise to take the time to understand your goals in general and what you expect to achieve from your property investment. We are committed to taking as much stress as possible away from you by taking care of your investment property.
At John Gribbin Realty we understand that your success is our success. We will not survive without happy clients. That means we will manage your property with the same dedication that we run our own business—by combining the latest new technology marketing tools with the very best of traditional methods that have proved effective in our local property market over the long term.
We pride ourselves on our service to you, because our goal is to be the only property professionals you will want for the rest of your life and we want you to be confident enough to recommend John Gribbin Realty to your family and friends.
Renting your property quickly is important to us. At John Gribbin Realty we promote our rental properties here in Townsville using the following media outlets to ensure we attract the right tenants for your property:
Our service to you:
- Commitment to professional development and client satisfaction
- Complete 24hrs, 7 days a week service to all lessors and Tenants
- Free Rental Appraisals
- Extended office trading hours six days a week
- More options for tenants to pay rent
- Monthly payment paid directly and on time into your bank account
- Co-ordination of repairs and maintenance
- Strict rent arrears policy
- Attendance at Small Claims Tribunal Hearings on owner’s behalf
- Processing Landlord Protection Insurance
- Managing Insurance Claims
- Detailed monthly statements and end of financial year statement
- Payment of TCC rates and Body Corporate levies if required
- Superior Promotion of your Property online and offline
- Confident, Enthusiastic and Knowledgeable Staff
- Pro-Active Marketing with Premiere Online Advertising on 9 websites
- Excellent offline advertising avenues such as:
- Prominent advertising in the Townsville Bulletin
- For Rent Signs on properties
- In house rental vacancy booklets
- Electronic window display and brochures as well as iPad displays in office
Managing your property
Tenant Selection and Rent Arrears
At John Gribbin Realty we recognise the importance of finding the “right” tenant for your property. We take care in screening tenants & our selection process involves the following:
- 100 point ID checklist
- Previous tenancy reference checklist
- Employment and income checks
- Tenancy Information Database Checks
To ensure prompt payment of rent we offer tenants flexible payment methods to make their life easier, including direct deposit, eftpos facilities and extended trading hours to ensure rent is paid on time. By law tenants are required to keep their rent in advance at all times. Our office has a fully computerized rental system which provides us with an up to date position of rental arrears on a daily basis. Reminders are sent via SMS and email along with a phone call to remind tenants that their rent is overdue. Appropriate default notices are sent to the tenant as per the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act and unless otherwise directed we are in communication with all landlords regarding all major rent defaults.
Management, Maintenance & Insurance
Our office understands the importance of communication in effective management of your investment property. Our Principal John Gribbin is highly active in our property management division working with our Senior Property Manager Karen Ernest to ensure that we take care of your property.
Our Property Managers and support staff receive a high level of training to ensure we’re always informed on legislative issues. In-house training combined with attendance at courses run by the Real Estate Institute of Queensland and the Residential Tenancy Authority ensure that our team is kept up to date with all legislative changes & requirements to ensure that you receive top quality management of your property!
Maintenance of rental properties is always a highly important area where effective communication is required. Our office conducts regular property inspections, written reports to owners are completed every 22 weeks and a copy of the condition report will be forwarded to you each time it is completed. To ensure maintenance is acted on promptly we will obtain quotes from competitive tradespeople and on your authority we will supervise the organisation and completion of these tasks.